I’ve started noticing Flu Shots are available again, so we must be approaching Flu Season again. I am strongly against flu shots. I refuse to let my children get the flu shot, and I have never had one myself. I can remember one time in my whole life having the flu, and it was middle of summer. I do immunize my children and have since they were born, but the flu shot is different. I don’t believe I need to have a rhyme or reason about why I don’t want it, or why I don’t like it, I just have a strong motherly instinct that has always told me not to get my children the flu vaccine. The following is a basic list of what you can do to prevent the flu without getting flu vaccines, recommended by Dr. David Hill.
A Summary of Key Steps (Dr. David Hill)
10 basics of prevention:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough sneeze or wipe your nose. Tissues should be discarded immediately in a wastebasket.
2. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard the tissue immediately in a waste basket.
3. Run your diffuser often in your home. I know there has been much discussion on our diffuser lately, and we will address that in a blog soon to come. Dr. Hill and other leaders have much to say about that. What oils? OnGuard for sure. It was developed to boost our immune systems, and guard us against pathogens.
4. While we are talking on guard, I would also consider rubbing your own children’s feet with on guard every night before bed time and every morning before they put there shoes on for the day. Not only is it a bonding experience for you and your children, but it will bolster their immune systems.
5. I would also mist your families bed sheets with a mist of essential oils before bedtime. 10 drops of on guard or some other essential oil with a ¼ cup of water in a spray bottle – shake well.
6. If there is virus in your area, obviously you want to avoid contact with those that are sick.
7. Put about 1 drop of lemon oil for every 8oz of water you and your family drink. Over time this will greatly strengthen the immune system. In our home, we have not had colds or flu of any significance in over a year since we started incorporating essential oils in our household. And this is one way we have been consistent with.
8. As always, as you clean regularly around your home, use essential oils to clean. Purify, On guard or lemon in a spray bottle used for cleaning will assure pathogen free surfaces.
9. Be aware and recognize symptoms if they strike you or a family member. Immediately begin an essential oil protocol and see a professional if you experience symptoms. Swine flu symptoms are similar to regular flu: Fever, body aches, sore throat, cough, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.
10. Make your home a happy place, free from stress. A haven with kind words and positive thoughts. Make a place of safety and refuge. As storms rage on, have your home be a house of prayer, gratitude and love. These are all things we can do that will create of synergy of protection for your home and family.
Now what do we do if we find ourselves faced with symptoms of the flu?
Protocol for Viral Flu:
At the first indication of a symptom, strike back quick and hard. Make sure the oils you have are doTerra essential oils. Why? They are guaranteed to be sourced from the area’s in which the are indigenous to. They are organically grown. Harvested by correct methods and at the correct time. Distilled by professionals at the correct temperature and pressure. Finally each batch is tested by independent labs for correct constituents content to guarantee efficacy. These methods are key to insuring safety and effectiveness.
1. Make 00 size capsules of 8 drops oregano, 5 drops on guard and 3 drops frankincense. Then take the capsules internally twice daily.
2. Gargle twice daily with 1 drop oregano, 2 drops on guard, and 2 drops lemon in 1 or 2 tbsp of pure water. After gargling for 5-10 minutes, swallow the mixture.
3. Oil pull daily with 1 tablespoon VCO, 2 drops oregano, and 2 drops Melaleuca. Pull for about 10 minutes before expectorating the blend. Then brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth. This mixture may be hot. If it’s too hot, reduce the oregano to 1 drop and add a drop of lemon. You can also consider cinnamon, cassia or on guard instead of Melaleuca.
4. Always put lemon and peppermint in your drinking water and drink it often. Staying hydrated is an important part of assuring the oils work effectively in our bodies.
5. Consider other protocols for specific symptoms. Breathe to the chest, neck and back for respiratory issues, DigestZen (often in a capsule with frankincense) for nausea or digestive problems. Oregano or Cinnamon and Lemon as a gargle for sore throats.
6. In cases where there is obvious inflammation to the bronchial tubes including cracking or popping sounds while breathing from the chest, consider a rectal implant. 3 drops oregano, 3 drops frankincense, and 3 drops thyme in a capsule. Lubricate with virgin coconut oil then insert rectally. Al least twice daily. It is not pleasant, but highly effective and the quickest way to the lungs.
7. Diffuse the air that you are working, living and sleeping in. If you are suffering from symptoms, consider oils and blends that will help. If you are trying to quarantine areas of healthy air, diffuse on guard.
8. Do twice daily AromaTouch treatments. Look up the method on http://www.aroma-touch.com and use Virgin Coconut oil as a carrier for the recommended oils. Add the blend breathe and single thyme to Inflammatory reduction phase.
9. Eat healthy mostly raw foods.
10. Get plenty of rest, exercise and fresh air where possible. For children that can’t take internal treatments, use appropriate oils on their feet, chest and using the spinal treatment.
Oils that are an important part of your germ fighting arsenal and that are good to have around are; On Guard, Oregano, Cinnamon, Myrrh, Thyme, Basil, Clove, Lemon, Peppermint, and the AromaTouch oils. These essential oils have the ability to kill bacteria, fungi and viruses, get down into the cellular level and make things right. Essential Oils are proven natural combatants to boost the immune system and protect us from and combat against flu strains including the swine flu.
- Time for flu shots, and some may get a tiny needle (sfgate.com)
- doTERRA Purify Cleansing Blend (doterrabyamber.wordpress.com)
- Geranium (doterrabyamber.wordpress.com)
- Healing an Ear-Ache with doTERRA Oils (doterrabyamber.wordpress.com)